Oliver has a leading financing practice advising corporate, financial institution and public sector clients on a wide range of matters including bank lending, debt capital markets, acquisition financing, securitisation and restructuring and insolvency.
Highlights include advising:
- DS Smith plc on treasury matters and acquisition financing, including the refinancing of its syndicated revolving credit facility, updates to and issuances under its €5 billion Euro Medium Term Note programme and its €740 million bridge acquisition facility in connection with its successful acquisition of Spanish listed paper and packaging group Papeles y Cartones de Europa, S.A.
- Vodafone Group plc in connection with the financing aspects of its agreement with Liberty Global to create a telecommunications joint venture in the Dutch market, Ziggo, and its acquisition of Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Romania for a total enterprise value of €18.4 billion
- Royal Dutch Shell in connection with its £47 billion recommended offer for BG Group
- GlaxoSmithKline plc on its $5 billion bridge acquisition facility in connection with its acquisition of Tesaro, Inc. and on the financing aspects of its agreement with Pfizer to create a new consumer healthcare joint venture with combined sales of approximately £9.8 billion
- Sasol Limited on the refinancing of its $3.9 billion revolving credit facility
- NewDay Cards on its first public securitisation of credit card, store card and instalment credit receivables
- Santander UK on amendments to, and issuances under, its Holmes, Fosse and Langton master trust securitisation structures and its issuances of senior and subordinated unsecured debt instruments
- Punch Taverns on the successful restructuring of its £2.3 billion of securitisation debt and the successful recommended cash offer for Punch made by Vine Acquisitions Limited, and the associated disposal of certain assets to Heineken UK Limited, for overall consideration of over £400 million
- HM Treasury on:
- the restructuring of Northern Rock, which ultimately led to the creation of a new savings and mortgage bank (since sold to the Virgin group) and an asset management company (UK Asset Resolution)
- its investigation into the case for transferring certain poorly performing and high risk assets of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc to a "bad bank"
- UK Asset Resolution on the sale of Bradford & Bingley’s legacy owner-occupied and buy-to-let mortgage portfolios for total consideration of over £17 billion
List of all our partners