Michael is the Co-Head of our Infrastructure Group. He has a broad corporate and corporate finance practice, which includes public and private M&A transactions, complex corporate and commercial transactions (including business transformation projects), joint ventures, equity offerings, corporate governance and company advisory matters.
Michael has previously been seconded to JP Morgan Chase and to GE Real Estate.
Highlights include advising:
- Mitsubishi on its strategic acquisition of a 20% stake in Ovo Energy, a leading independent UK-based energy supply business
- Buckeye Partners L.P. on the English law aspects of the sale of its 50 per cent. equity interest in VTTI BV, one of the world’s leading owners and operators of oil storage terminals, to IFM Investors and Vitol for US$ 975m
- The Department for Transport on the West Coast Partnership Franchise (including HS2)
- The Ministry of Defence on the sale of the Government Pipeline and Storage System
- Banco Santander on the proposed combination of Santander Asset Management and Pioneer Investments, and prior joint venture with Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic in relation to Santander Asset Management
- Deutsche Bank on various business disposals by its Non-Core Operations Unit
- Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board on a significant infrastructure investment
- General Electric on the disposal of its equipment and receivables financing businesses in France and Germany
- Premier Foods on various business disposals, joint ventures and a full refinancing
- Chesapeake and its owners, Oaktree Capital Management and Irving Place Capital, on the disposal of the Chesapeake paperboard packaging business
- HM Treasury on the UK bank recapitalisation schemes, and the subsequent rights issue and exchange offers by Lloyds Banking Group
- Akzo Nobel on its takeover of ICI
He is the author of the UK chapter for the annual edition of the 'Public M&A' volume in the 'Getting the Deal Through' series.
List of all our partners