John has considerable experience in a wide range of real estate work. He has acted extensively on acquisitions and disposals of all types of property interests, on significant development projects and on major lettings.
Highlights include advising:
- Derwent London in connection with the office, retail and residential redevelopment of 19-35 Baker Street
- Elysian Residencies in connection with its UK senior living facilities
- Equinix on the sale of eight data centre assets to Digital Realty Trust for $874.4 million and on its joint venture with GIC to develop and operate hyperscale data centres in Europe
- Bupa on the relocation to its new offices at Angel Court and on the sale of Bupa House. He also advised Bupa on the sale of two portfolios of care homes
- Tonstate Group on the sale of the Hilton London Metropole and Birmingham Metropole hotels for £500 million
- Withers on its new London headquarters at 20 Old Bailey
- Tottenham Hotspur in connection with the development and financing of its new stadium
- Cabinet Office on the sale of Admiralty Arch for redevelopment as a luxury hotel
- Halsbury Homes on its residential development sites
- The Clothworkers' Company in connection with the redevelopment of 120 Fenchurch Street
- Ocado on its customer fulfilment centres at Erith, Purfleet and Bristol and in connection with its joint ventures with Morrisons and Marks and Spencer
John is listed as a leading individual in the Real Estate section of Chambers UK, 2020, as a notable practitioner in IFLR1000 2020 and is also listed in the International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyers, 2019. John is the contributing editor of the Real Estate Law Review.
“According to a source John Nevin is: ‘good to work with as he is technically very able but he is also commercial, really practical and solutions-orientated’”. Chambers UK, 2020
List of all our partners