Dominic advises a wide range of clients on all areas of UK corporate tax law. He is co-head of the firm's Tax Disputes practice.
His practice covers:
- structuring and other tax aspects of M&A, joint ventures and other corporate finance transactions
- tax enquiries and disputes, including EU tax State aid investigations
- standalone tax advisory work, including group reorganisations, CFCs, transfer pricing, and the tax treatment of IP
Recent highlights include advising:
- GSK on various transactions, including its consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer, the sale of Horlicks to Unilever, a major asset swap with Novartis, and the creation of the Galvani bioelectronics joint venture with Verily Life Sciences
- Shire on its £46 billion recommended takeover offer from Takeda
- Santander on various matters, including the creation of its UK ring-fenced bank, and the proposed merger of its stake in Alawwal into Saudi British Bank
- Several technology companies on resolving transfer pricing and diverted profits tax enquiries with HMRC
- Interserve on its financial restructuring and deleveraging plan
- GKN plc on its defence against an unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries, including its proposed combination of its automotive business with Dana Inc
Dominic is listed as a leading individual for corporate tax in Chambers UK, 2020; and as a “next generation partner” for corporate tax in Legal 500, 2020. He is also listed in the latest edition of ITR's Tax Controversy Leaders Guide.
Dominic is co-editor of the Transfer Pricing Law Review.
List of all our partners