David’s practice covers Outsourcing, Technology, Intellectual Property and Sport. In particular, he advises on strategic technology, telecoms and business process sourcing; software licensing and development agreements and the technology aspects of M&A transactions, as well as all aspects of IP protection and exploitation including a particular focus on franchising and sponsorship. He is also an active member of the firm’s Commercial Contracts advisory team.
Highlights include advising:
- Carillion on a range of strategic sourcing projects including outsourcing its IT, IS, finance, HR and payroll services to Accenture; its subsequent second generation outsourcing; and on the sale of it own outsourced services business to Capita
- Marks and Spencer in relation to the expansion and operation of its UK and international business across more than 40 jurisdictions using franchise and joint venture business models
- Direct Line Group on a strategic outsourcing agreement and brand separation issues in the context of its divestment from RBS plc
- GE Capital on the outsourcing of its internet savings bank operation to Newcastle Building Society
- YTL Communications on an agreement to license and develop patented technology and software to build the world's first hybrid broadcast - 4G WiMAX broadband TV and internet content delivery platform
David is listed as a notable practitioner for Outsourcing and Intellectual Property in Chambers UK, 2017. He is also a member of the Society of Computers and Law and the National Outsourcing Association.
List of all our partners