Chris has a broad corporate practice, including mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets, covering China and the Asia-Pacific region from our office in Hong Kong.
In the 2019 edition of IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific, Chris is recognised as a ‘Rising star’ for M&A, having been previously recognised in the Legal 500 for M&A while based in London. He was listed in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2017 (which highlights the most innovative and creative lawyers from in-house, private practice and the Bar) and was voted second by other advisers in the Financial News’ Partner of the Year Award 2017 for his work advising the board of directors of ARM Holdings on the US$34 billion takeover bid from SoftBank in 2016.
Chris spent six months on secondment to the investment banking team at Barclays Capital in 2011.
Recent highlights of Chris’s work include advising:
- SoftBank Vision Fund on various investments across China and the Asia-Pacific region, including in Ping An Good Doctor and Ping An Healthcare Technology
- ARM on the joint venture of its Chinese semiconductor business
- FWD on the acquisition of SCB Life and related bancassurance arrangement with Siam Commercial Bank in Thailand
- Standard Chartered on its establishment of a Hong Kong hub entity structure
- Prudential on its regional bancassurance arrangement with United Overseas Bank, covering Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam
- United Energy Group on its acquisition of Kuwait Energy, an upstream oil and gas company, with key assets in Iraq, Egypt and Oman
- PTT Exploration and Production on its contested takeover offer for Cove Energy and further asset-related advice
Chris is a partner in our Hong Kong office and is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and Hong Kong.
List of all our partners