Camilla Sanger is a partner in our Dispute Resolution group. She has wide experience of handling complex and substantial disputes which often span multiple jurisdictions. Her practice covers commercial, banking and competition litigation and contentious regulatory investigations, and she has acted for a number of major corporates, banks and other financial services institutions.
A particular focus of her practice is on class and group action claims; she has acted on many significant class action proceedings including multi-party competition damages claims. She is currently advising on some of the highest profile competition-litigation claims before the English courts.
Highlights include advising:
- First MTR South Western Trains, in respect of the fourth collective action to be brought before the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- a global financial institution in relation to the collective action and High Court litigation arising out of the forex investigations.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. in connection with follow-on damages claims arising out of the European Commission CRT cartel investigation.
- British Airways in relation to the follow-on damages actions arising as a result of the US Department of Justice and European Commission investigations into an alleged air cargo cartel.
- Google on a standalone abuse of dominance claim brought by Unlockd seeking injunctive relief.
- A global consumer goods company and a multinational manufacturing company on cartel damages claims following investigations by the European Commission.
- An electronic payment services company in respect of a significant commercial contractual dispute with its counterparty, which included successfully obtaining an out of hours injunction from the High Court to ensure the continuity of business services to our client.
- Banco Santander Totta in successful litigation in the High Court and Court of Appeal relating to the validity of interest rate swaps entered into on ISDA terms between the bank and Portuguese public sector companies.
- Deutsche Bank on investigations by Government agencies in the US, UK and Germany into LIBOR misconduct, and on the subsequent coordinated settlements in the US and UK.
- A multinational utility company on an investigation in respect of allegations of internal risk control failures and related improper risk management actions, including alleged breaches of FCA rules.
- The treasury department of a major European Government in relation to a dispute between one of the largest banks in that jurisdiction and various groups of holders of the bank’s subordinated debt.
Camilla is also involved in the firm’s Data Protection and Privacy hub and advises on all aspects of data protection and privacy, including in the context of global investigations or disputes.
Camilla is recognised in the Who’s Who Legal Competition – Future Leaders publications and as a Next Generation Partner for Competition Litigation and Commercial Litigation in The Legal 500. She is the editor of The Class Actions Law Review and the author of numerous publications focusing on private enforcement including the EU chapters of the Private Competition Enforcement Review and the Global Competition Review.
List of all our partners