Andrew is Head of our Financing practice. He has a broad financing practice and regularly acts for a range of UK, French, German and other financial institutions and corporate borrowers as well as government entities. His principal areas of activity are syndicated bank lending (including acquisition finance), restructuring and rescheduling of various kinds of financings as well as structured finance.
Highlights include advising:
- Technicolor S.A. on its 2013 refinancing transaction, currently shortlisted for the 2014 IFLR Restructuring Award
- Central Bank of Cyprus in relation to the historic "bail-in" refinancing of Laiki Bank and The Bank of Cyprus as part of the ongoing EU, ECB and IMF financing package
- Agrokor d.d, the largest company in Croatia, on its debt facilities and associated hedging arrangements
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme in relation to the ongoing winding up of Landsbanki Islands hf
- Department for Communities and Local Government on the award of the licence to deliver the Affordable Housing Guarantee Scheme to Affordable Housing Finance plc
- the arranging banks in relation to the EUR 8 billion refinancing of the bank debt of Schaeffler AG, and related bond and intercreditor issues (working jointly with Hengeler Mueller and won "Highly Commended" at The Treasurer Awards 2013 )
- Perella Weinberg in relation to the acquisition of a portfolio of Spanish commercial real estate loans from RBS
- Lonza on the financing of its acquisition of Arch Chemicals
Between 1994 and 1996 Andrew was resident first in Tokyo and then in New York. He spent four years in Frankfurt from 1999, working very closely with Hengeler Mueller, before moving to Paris where he worked very closely with Bredin Prat. Andrew returned to our London office in 2010.
Andrew speaks English, German and French.
List of all our partners