We advise on all aspects of competition law, from merger control to competition litigation. The Hong Kong and Beijing offices work as an integrated team with our London and Brussels offices, and we have close working relationships with the competition practices of other leading firms across the Asia Pacific region.
We are at the forefront of competition law in Hong Kong. In the context of the upcoming implementation of the first cross-sector Competition Ordinance, our experience includes:
- providing practical and strategic advice for clients in a range of different industries on their existing business practices and third party arrangements
- providing competition compliance training to employees throughout the organisation (including senior management)
- advising on the competition aspects of the telecommunications regulatory regime, including matters involving competition litigation
We have in-depth experience of competition law in China and the rest of Asia, where our expertise covers:
- providing practical and strategic advice on MOFCOM’s recent practice and approach to merger filings
- coordinating merger control filings in the context of cross-border mergers and global deals, including ensuring consistency of deal timetables and negotiation of remedies in complex cases
- assisting clients that are subject to antitrust investigations in China (by the NDRC or SAIC), with a focus on strategic advice and working alongside local lawyers
- strategic antitrust (including litigation) advice
Find out more about our International Competition practice.
Very professional and up-to-date on trends”, Slaughter and May provides “practical and user-friendly” advice to international clients from a range of industry sectors, including heavily regulated areas such as financial services, telecoms and public utilities. Splitting her time between Hong Kong and Beijing, “experienced and skilled” team head Natalie Yeung spearheads the firm’s Asian competition team. Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019