We have a leading competition investigations practice and our competition partners are recognised as leaders in their field.
We advise clients on the full range of competition investigations including:
- advising complainants and defendants before the UK competition authorities, the European Commission and other competition authorities worldwide - we have particular experience of coordinating investigations across multiple jurisdictions
- advising on cartel investigations - we are involved in many of the leading cases before the CMA, the European Commission and other competition authorities
- acting on a series of the high-profile abuse of dominance investigations being conducted by the competition authorities
- advising on market studies and investigations conducted by the CMA, as well as sectoral inquiries conducted by the European Commission
- representing parties in appellate proceedings before the European Courts and the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal
... the firm’s Europe-wide competition practice is one of the best around Chambers Europe, 2012View all Global Investigations media comments
Our key experience includes advising:
a major international banking group in relation to numerous simultaneous regulatory investigations in multiple jurisdictions (including an investigation by the European Commission) into the setting of various interbank benchmark rates.
British Airways in relation to the OFT’s criminal and civil investigations into alleged cartel activity involving passenger fuel surcharges on long-haul flights, including the multi-jurisdictional aspects of the US class actions against BA.
British Airways in relation to DoJ and European Commission investigations into an alleged air cargo cartel, and subsequent follow-on damages action in the UK courts.
Ericsson on its Article 102 complaint to the European Commission (and other national competition authorities worldwide) regarding alleged anti-competitive conduct by Qualcomm.
Fuji Electric in the GIS and power transformer cartel cases, including on its appeal to the General Court against the European Commission’s infringement decision in the GIS case.
Google in relation to an ongoing Article 102 investigation by the European Commission.
GSK in relation to the pharmaceutical sector inquiry conducted by the European Commission.
Unilever on an investigation into alleged cartel behaviour within the consumer detergents market.