Product Development and Distribution Agreements
We are often involved in the early stages of the new product development process for our financial institutions clients, advising on viability under the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and alternative structures. We also assist in drafting the relevant product documentation.
We have been active in advising clients on the implementation of the Retail Distribution Review and the product intervention powers of the FCA.
Our extensive experience includes advising on:
- co-branded credit cards and innovative e-money schemes
- structuring products for the regulatory and fiscal needs of insurance groups and their target investors, including insurance, investment and derivative products
- insurance wrapped structures
- the collective investment and mutual fund structures in use in the UK and in relevant offshore jurisdictions
- the regulatory implications and the implementation of distribution and outsourcing arrangements, including the use of new IT platforms, e-communications and mobile technologies to market, distribution and administration of new and existing products