Peter is based in our Hong Kong office. He is involved in a wide range of corporate work, advising companies, financial institutions and fund management groups.
Highlights of his work includes advising:
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd, as Coordinator of 21 local and international banks, in relation to a HK$5 billion 5-year revolving credit facility for the Airport Authority Hong Kong (AA), a statutory body wholly owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. The facility was entered into on 7 December 2015 with the AA and these 21 banks
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd on a HK$7.424 billion and US$220 million syndicated loan facility for China Resources Power Holdings Company Limited (CR Power). The facility was entered into on 30 March 2015
- Union Bancaire Privée on its acquisition of Coutts’ Hong Kong banking business
- CITIC Securities Corporate Finance (HK) Limited on the cash offer made on behalf of a controlling shareholder of China XLX Fertiliser Ltd (China XLX) for the shares of China XLX. The cash offer was made in connection with the proposal to delist the shares of China XLX from the Singapore Exchange, with the shares remaining listed on the Hong Kong Exchange
- PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited, Thailand's national petroleum exploration and production company and one of the largest producers of oil and gas in Asia, on the ‘certain funds’ financing of its successful US$1.9 billion takeover of London AIM-listed Cove Energy plc
- PT Borneo Lumbung Energi & Metal Tbk, the Indonesian-listed coking coal producer, on its US$1 billion acquisition finance facility to fund the acquisition of an effective economic interest of approximately 23.8% in Bumi plc, a leading natural resources group listed on the London Stock Exchange
Peter co-authored the Hong Kong chapters of a number of leading international legal guides, including Law Business Research’s 'The Asset Management Review' (2020 edition), 'The Banking Regulation Review' (2021 edition) and 'The Lending and Secured Finance Review' (2021 edition), Chambers’ ‘Acquisition Finance’ (2021 edition), ICLG’s ‘International Comparative Legal Guide to Fintech’ (2021 edition) and Legal 500’s ‘Global Guide to Blockchain’ (2020 edition).
Peter is listed as a Global Leader in the 2021 edition of Who's Who Legal Banking: Finance and Who’s Who Legal Banking: Regulatory, and as a Highly Regarded Lawyer in the IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific 2022 for Banking in Hong Kong. He is recognised as leading lawyer by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021 for Banking & Finance: Hong Kong-based (International Firms), China, and Financial Services: Non-contentious Regulatory (International Firms), China.
Peter is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and Hong Kong.