Nilufer is Head of our Financial Institutions Group and of our Equity Capital Markets practice. She also co-heads our India practice. She has a broad and well-established corporate, commercial and financing practice, with a corporate client base ranging from large listed companies to small listed and private companies.
Her practice includes private and public mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs and other UKLA work, financings, equity and debt capital markets transactions and all aspects of corporate governance.
She works with clients from a wide range of industries, including financial services, telecoms, automotive, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, healthcare, infrastructure, retail and media.
- A major UK retail and investment bank on the implementation of UK and EU bank structural reform, including the creation of a separate ring-fenced retail bank
- Aston Martin Lagonda on its IPO, preparation for which required a corporate reorganisation and the creation of a new holding company, and subsequently Investindustrial on its partial cash offer for Aston Martin shares
- Reliance Brands, India’s largest luxury retailer, on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Hamleys Global Holdings Ltd
- Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) on the establishment of a Hong Kong hub entity structure to enhance capital and liquidity utilisation across the SCB Group and on its ground-breaking £3.3 billion rights issue and first ever listing of Indian Depository Receipts
- GE Healthcare on its acquisition of Puridify, a bioprocessing company and the transfer of development and marketing rights for four Japanese diagnostic imaging agents
- the Global Advisory business of the Rothschild & Co group on its agreement to acquire Livingstone, the lower mid-market investment banking advisory firm
- UK Green Investment Bank (GIB) on its privatisation and subsequent sale to Macquarie Bank at an approximate value of £2.3 billion
- HM Treasury on the c.£800 million alternative State aid remedies package agreed with the European Commission in relation to RBS’s retail and SME banking business, Williams & Glyn.
Nilufer is recognised as a leading individual and a leading lawyer in Legal 500 2020 and IFLR1000 2019 respectively and is the author of Kluwer Law International’s best-selling publication ‘Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers’.
She was awarded an OBE for services to financial services in the 2018 New Year’s Honours List and was named in the Empower Top 100 Ethnic Minority Executives List 2020 for the fifth year running.