Jackie is a Special Adviser with over 25 years’ experience in the public and private sectors. She has a wide practice incorporating a range of public and private sector clients and the full spectrum of competition and regulatory law, including antitrust, merger control, market investigations, State aid, competition litigation and sectoral regulation issues.
Jackie has special insight into the working practices of the competition authorities having spent five years in senior positions at the Office of Fair Trading. She is also a Non-Governmental Adviser to the International Competition Network.
- The Stars Group on its merger with Flutter Entertainment
- Elanco on its proposed acquisition of Bayer’s Animal Health Business
- Salesforce on its acquisition of Tableau Software
- Dignity on the CMA’s market investigation into funerals and crematoria services
- Vocalink on its acquisition by Mastercard, which was cleared by the CMA at Phase 1 following the submission of a package of behavioural undertakings
- HM Treasury on the alternative State aid remedies package agreed with the European Commission in relation to RBS’s retail and SME banking business, Williams & Glyn
- BEIS (formerly DECC) on successfully obtaining State aid approval for the UK Government’s support for the construction of Hinkley Point C nuclear power station and on its intervention in the appeal to the General Court brought by Austria against the approval
- The Cabinet Office on the competition, regulatory and procurement aspects of the GOV.UK Verify Programme being developed by the Government Digital Service.
Jackie is listed as a Next Generation Lawyer in the Legal 500 UK. Jackie is also recognised in [email protected]’s list of 40 in their 40s Notable Women Competition Professionals, GCR’s Women in Antitrust publication and Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Competition.
- “Special adviser Jackie Holland stands out for her significant experience in the public and private sectors.” Legal 500 2020
- Jackie Holland has “a very high profile” in the London market where she stands out among peers for her exceptional work advising clients on complex competition regulation and compliance matters.” Who’s Who Legal 2019