Craig has a general commercial, corporate finance and financing practice with particular experience in public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals, demergers and joint ventures. Craig also has experience in a range of insurance work for mutual and proprietary companies and has advised on large-scale demutualisations. In addition, he has worked extensively on outsourcing and other commercial contracts.
Highlights include advising:
- UKAR on the sale of a £13bn asset portfolio to Cerberus Capital Management
- Old Mutual and Standard Life on their demutualisations and listings on the relevant stock exchanges
- Vodafone on the disposal of its interest in Verizon Wireless to Verizon for US$130 billion and the associated return of value to shareholders
- Various reinsurers on reinsurance transactions with Deutsche Bank relating to the Rolls Royce, Astra Zeneca and Carillion pension schemes
- Old Mutual on the sale of its Nordic business (other than Finland) to Skandia Liv for £2.1 billion
- Standard Life on the sale of Standard Life Bank to Barclays and the reinsurance of £6.7 billion of immediate annuity liabilities to Canada Life
- Abbey National on its £8.6 billion takeover by Santander
- Naspers on its £946 million takeover of Tradus
Craig is regularly listed as a leading individual in the Insurance: Non-contentious section of Chambers and the Legal 500. He is a former Co-Chair of the International Bar Association's Corporate and M&A Law Committee.