Jackie is a Special Adviser with over 20 years’ experience in the public and private sectors. She has a wide practice incorporating a range of public and private sector clients and the full spectrum of competition and regulatory law, including antitrust, merger control, market investigations, State aid, competition litigation, investigations, competition law compliance and sectoral regulation issues.
Jackie’s recent projects have included advising:
- VocaLink on its acquisition by Mastercard
- Hunter Douglas on its acquisition of Hillarys
- Stanley Black & Decker on its acquisition of the power tool accessories and hand tools and storage business of Newell Group
- HM Treasury on obtaining State aid approval for the replacement of RBS’ commitment to divest its Williams & Glyn SME banking operation with an alternative remedies package
- BEIS (formerly DECC) on obtaining State aid approval for the Hinkley Point C power station (including on appeal) and for various renewable energy projects
She advises various clients in regulated sectors, including the water, energy, financial services and telecommunications industries.
Jackie is also a non-governmental adviser to the Competition and Markets Authority in relation to the International Competition Network. She has special insight into the working practices of the competition authorities having spent five years in senior positions at the Office of Fair Trading, including Senior Director for the Policy Group, the OFT’s Procedural Adjudicator for Competition Act cases and as one of the OFT’s Phase I decision makers on merger cases. She is listed in Global Competition Review’s ‘Women in Antitrust 2016’ and was commended in the FT’s Innovative Lawyers Awards 2017.
List of all our partners