Jackie is a Special Adviser with over 20 years’ experience in the public and private sectors. She has a wide practice incorporating a range of public and private sector clients and the full spectrum of competition and regulatory law, including antitrust, merger control, market investigations, State aid, competition litigation and sectoral regulation issues.
Jackie’s recent projects have included advising:
- VocaLink on successfully obtaining Phase I merger clearance for its acquisition by Mastercard through the acceptance by the CMA of innovative behavioural undertakings in lieu of reference to Phase II
- Stanley Black & Decker on successfully obtaining Phase I merger clearance for its acquisition of the power tool accessories and hand tools and storage business of Newell Group
- BEIS (formerly the Department of Energy and Climate Change) on obtaining State aid approval for the Hinkley Point C power station (including on appeal) and for various renewable energy projects, including off-shore wind and biomass conversion projects
- CDC Group in relation to an investment by the Department for International Development
- Various clients on:
- compliance and antitrust issues, including antitrust complaints, Competition Act 1998 investigations and competition litigation
- regulatory developments in the water and telecommunications sectors.
Jackie is also a non-governmental adviser to the CMA in relation to the International Competition Network. She has special insight into the working practices of the competition authorities having spent five years in senior positions at the OFT, including Senior Director for the Policy Group, the OFT’s Procedural Adjudicator for Competition Act cases and as one of the OFT’s Phase I decision makers on merger cases. She is listed in Global Competition Review’s “Women in Antitrust 2016”.
List of all our partners