Christopher joined Slaughter and May from HM Government, where he played a major role in the privatisation of the electricity industry, and was an Assistant Director at the OFT and a Director at OFTEL.
He has extensive experience advising on acquisitions and disposals, and on strategic and contentious regulatory issues, in the energy, water, transport and communications sectors.
Christopher has also advised governments, regulators and businesses on the development of new regulatory regimes. His practice also encompasses State aid and procurement law.
Highlights include advising:
- The Department of Energy and Climate Change on the institutional and regulatory aspects of Electricity Market Reform
- HM Courts and Tribunals Service and HM Land Registry on their possible reforms
- Cable and Wireless Communications plc on competition and regulatory features of its strategic alliance with Columbus Networks Ltd
- Global Infrastructure Partners on their acquisitions of Gatwick and Edinburgh Airports
- United Utilities on the disposal of its overseas and non-core water businesses
- YTL Power International on its acquisition of Power Seraya
- The Royal Mint on its conversion from a Trading Fund to a GovCo, including the procurement of a new circulating coin contract
List of all our partners