William’s practice covers all UK taxes relevant to corporate, financing and real estate transactions.
Particular areas of interest include real estate and the oil and gas sector. However, William also has extensive experience of M&A, demergers and other corporate structuring, private equity, debt and equity financing and tax litigation.
Highlights include advising:
- GE Capital on the UK tax aspects of the US$26.5billion disposal of the majority of its real estate assets
- INEOS on its acquisition from Igas Energy of an interest in 10 onshore licences across England and Scotland
- Ocado on its new customer fulfilment centre at Erith in South East London
- Mylan on the UK tax aspects of its inversion involving the acquisition of certain non-US businesses of Abbott
- International Finance Facility for Immunisation Company on its inaugural children’s immunisation in the world’s poorest countries through Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Bupa on its successful appeal to the Upper Tribunal (relating to consortium relief and the meaning of "beneficial entitlement")
William is listed as a leading individual for Corporate Tax in Chambers UK, 2016 and in Chambers Europe and Chambers Global, 2016. He is also listed in the ITR's Tax Controversy Leaders Guide 2015 and is the Contributing Editor for two annual publications from the Global Legal Group, 'The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Tax' and 'Global Legal Insights - Corporate Tax'.
List of all our partners