Steve is the Senior Partner of the firm. He headed our Mergers and Acquisitions practice from 2001 to 2016. He has a general corporate and M&A practice, with particular experience in takeover bids and other Stock Exchange related work.
Steve acts for a number of listed companies including FTSE 100 clients Barratt Developments, Centrica, Diageo, Hikma Pharmaceuticals, International Airlines Group and Rolls-Royce and FTSE 250 clients Aggreko, Morgan Advanced Materials, Segro and W.S. Atkins.
Highlights include advising:
- Rolls-Royce on its investigation by the SFO, DoJ and MPF and subsequent Deferred Prosecution Agreements
- ARM Holdings on the offer by SoftBank
- Cadbury on the hostile offer by Kraft
- Shire on the offer by Abbvie
- Autonomy on the offer by Hewlett-Packard
- British Airways on its merger with Iberia and its abortive merger with Qantas
- Cazenove on the merger of its investment banking business with J P Morgan
- PSA on its offer for P&O
- Songbird on its offer for Canary Wharf
- the takeovers/mergers of former ITV companies LWT, Thames, Westcountry, HTV and Carlton
- Westland on its 1986 restructuring
Steve worked in our former New York office from 1989 to 1990. He is the author of 'Takeovers' (PLC Publications 1997).
List of all our partners