Joined firm: 1993
Partner since: 1999
Download contact details
- One Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YY
Sarah has wide experience in all aspects of major litigation and arbitration, handling complex and substantial commercial disputes of a varied nature and often involving multiple jurisdictions. She acts for major corporates and financial institutions as well as governmental bodies and international organisations.
Highlights include advising:
- Cable & Wireless in successfully defeating substantial claims brought against it by its Caribbean competitor, Digicel, in the High Court. The claims related to the liberalisation of the telecoms markets in seven Caribbean countries and required a detailed understanding of the interconnection process, pricing regimes and associated regulatory requirements. The proceedings culminated in a trial spanning a seven month period in the High Court with evidence from 43 witnesses from over 10 different jurisdictions
- Ford of Europe Inc in respect of a claim for the return of over £76 million paid in corporation tax. The First-tier and Upper Tribunals and the Court of Appeal all found in favour of Ford
- MAN AG in its successful High Court claim against a subsidiary of Daimler Chrysler in relation to MAN's acquisition of the English truck manufacturer ERF, and in subsequent enforcement proceedings brought in Portland, Oregon to enforce the multi-million pound judgment
- Deutsche Morgan Grenfell and Sempra Metals Limited in the leading House of Lords’ decisions on the applicable limitation period for claims made in respect of mistake of law and the circumstances in which compound interest can be awarded as compensation
Sarah is listed as a leading individual for Litigation in Chambers UK, 2015 and in the 2014 edition of Chambers Europe. She is also ranked for Tax: Contentious in Chambers UK, 2015 and Civil Fraud in Chambers UK, 2013. Sarah is recognised as a leading individual for Commercial Litigation and Tax Litigation and Investigations in The Legal 500, 2015.
Sarah is a CEDR accredited mediator, and a Trustee and member of the Management Committee of the Royal Courts of Justice Legal Advice Bureau.
List of all our partners