Roland is Head of our Mergers and Acquisitions practice. His principal areas of work are public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, and initial and secondary public equity offerings. He is also an active member of the firm’s Commercial Contracts advisory team.
Highlights include advising:
- Prudential on its proposed acquisition of AIA Group from AIG
- Songbird Estates, the majority owner of Canary Wharf, on its takeover by Brookfield and QIA
- Banco Santander on the proposed combination of Santander Asset Management and Pioneer Investments
- Vodafone on its disposal of its interest in Verizon Wireless and the associated return of value to shareholders
- Royal Dutch Shell on its combination with BG Group
- Vodafone on the proposed merger of its Dutch operations with those of Liberty Global
Roland is listed as a leading individual in the Corporate/M&A: High-end capability section of both Chambers UK, 2017 and Chambers Europe, 2016 and for Corporate M&A in Chambers Global, 2016. He is the co-author of a chapter entitled 'Share Dealings - Restrictions and Disclosure Requirements' in 'A Practitioner's Guide to the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers'.
List of all our partners