Rob has broad corporate and corporate finance experience, with a focus on public takeovers, international private M&A and equity capital markets.
Highlights include advising:
- GKN plc on its defence against a share and cash unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries plc, including its proposed combination of its automotive business with Dana Inc
- Royal Dutch Shell plc in relation to its recommended cash and share offer for BG Group plc
- RSA on the proposed bid for it by Zurich Insurance and on its sale of four operations in the Baltics and Poland
- Mediclinic, and its major shareholder Remgro Limited, on its combination with Al Noor Hospitals Group to create Mediclinic International Plc
- Compagnie Financière Richemont on various matters, including its offer to acquire Italian-listed Yoox Net-a-Porter Group, its acquisition of Watchfinder.co.uk, its distribution of BAT shares to its shareholders, the listing of Reinet Investments on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and a subsequent rights issue by Reinet.
- Centrica plc on various matters, including its unrecommended takeover of Venture Production and the combination of its European oil and gas exploration and production business with Bayerngas Norge AS
- Ericsson on its acquisition of Red Bee Media from Macquarie Advanced Investment Partners
- esure on a range of matters including its IPO and the demerger of GoCompare
Rob was commended at the 2016 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards for his work on the Mediclinic/Al Noor combination, which won the award for innovation in M&A. He is also the co-author of a chapter on share dealings in the 'Practitioner’s Guide on Takeovers and Mergers'.
List of all our partners