Peter is based in our Hong Kong office. He is involved in a wide range of corporate work, advising companies, financial institutions and fund management groups.
Highlights of his work includes advising:
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd, as Coordinator of 21 local and international banks, in relation to a HK$5 billion 5-year revolving credit facility for the Airport Authority Hong Kong (AA), a statutory body wholly owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. The facility was entered into on 7 December 2015 with the AA and these 21 banks
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd on a HK$7.424 billion and US$220 million syndicated loan facility for China Resources Power Holdings Company Limited (CR Power). The facility was entered into on 30 March 2015
- Union Bancaire Privée on its acquisition of Coutts’ Hong Kong banking business
- CITIC Securities Corporate Finance (HK) Limited on the cash offer made on behalf of a controlling shareholder of China XLX Fertiliser Ltd (China XLX) for the shares of China XLX. The cash offer was made in connection with the proposal to delist the shares of China XLX from the Singapore Exchange, with the shares remaining listed on the Hong Kong Exchange
- PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited, Thailand's national petroleum exploration and production company and one of the largest producers of oil and gas in Asia, on the ‘certain funds’ financing of its successful US$1.9 billion takeover of London AIM-listed Cove Energy plc
- PT Borneo Lumbung Energi & Metal Tbk, the Indonesian-listed coking coal producer, on its US$1 billion acquisition finance facility to fund the acquisition of an effective economic interest of approximately 23.8% in Bumi plc, a leading natural resources group listed on the London Stock Exchange
Peter is listed in the 2019 edition of Who's Who Legal Banking: Finance in Hong Kong, and is ranked as a Highly Regarded Lawyer in in the IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific 2019 for Banking in Hong Kong. He is recommended in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 for Banking and Finance and Investment Funds in Hong Kong, and in Chamber Asia-Pacific 2019 for Banking & Finance, and Financial Services: Non-contentious Regulatory (International Firms, China).
Peter co-authored the Hong Kong chapter of the European Lawyer publication, 'Hedge Funds: Jurisdictional Comparisons' 2013 edition; the Hong Kong chapter of the Law Business Research publication 'The Asset Management Review' 2017 edition and the Law Business Research publication 'The Banking Regulation Review' 2017 edition and the Hong Kong chapter of the Law Business Research publication, 'The Lending and Secured Finance Review' 2017 edition. He is a member of The Law Society of Hong Kong's Investment Products and Financial Services Committee.
Peter is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and Hong Kong.
List of all our partners