Joined firm: 1990
Partner since: 1994
- One Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YY
Nilufer has developed a wide corporate, commercial and financing practice, with a corporate client base ranging from large listed companies to small listed and unlisted companies. Her practice includes private and public mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs and other UKLA work, financings, equity and debt capital markets transactions and corporate governance.
She has worked in a range of industries, including financial services, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, healthcare, infrastructure, retail and media.
Highlights include advising:
- Lagardère on the sale of its entire stake in EADS for approximately EUR 2.28 billion
- Investec Asset Management on the acquisition of a 15% shareholding in Investec Asset Management for £180 million in cash
- the Portuguese Ministry of Finance on the EUR1.4 billion recapitalisation of the Portuguese bank Banif - Banco Internacional do Funchal, S.A. as well as similar recapitalisations of three other banks (Banco Comercial Português, S.A., Banco BPI, S.A. and Caixa Geral de Depósitos, S.A.) completed by the Portuguese Republic in 2012
- HM Treasury on capital investments in UK banks and building societies made in order to stabilise their positions; and on the participation of Lloyds Bank and RBS in the Government's Asset Protection Scheme, including a subsequent rights issue and swapping of debt for contingent capital by Lloyds Bank to raise £21 billion
- Standard Chartered on a rights issue to raise approximately £3.2 billion
- Henderson Group PLC on its proposed recommended share acquisition of Gartmore Group Limited, valuing Gartmore at approximately £335 million
Nilufer is Head of our Equity Capital Markets practice. She is listed as a leading individual in the 'Life Sciences: Commercial/Corporate' section of Chambers UK, 2010. She is listed for M&A in The Legal 500, 2012, as a leading lawyer in the Capital Markets - Equity section of IFLR 1000, 2013 and also features in City A.M.'s 'Power Hundred 2011', a list of the most influential people in the City.
Nilufer has contributed the UK section in the Kluwer Law International best-selling publication entitled 'Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers'.
List of all our partners