Nick has a varied financial regulatory practice, with extensive experience in advising on matters of key strategic importance to banks, insurers and other financial institutions. Nick has a broad range of clients across the financial services sector, with recent work involving clients such as Aviva, Standard Chartered, Santander and Moody’s, providing technical regulatory advice as well as handling transactions and contentious matters.
Highlights include advising:
- Banco Santander SA on the creation of its asset management joint venture with Sherbrooke Acquisitions Corp SPC, the subsequent further combination with Pioneer Global Asset Management SpA, and various associated distribution arrangements
- Shawbrook Bank on various regulatory matters, including in the context of its acquisition of Singers Asset Finance Group
- Aviva on the sale of the RAC Group to The Carlyle Group
- H.M. Treasury on legal aspects of the Help to Buy: ISA Scheme
- Standard Chartered plc on its fully underwritten 2 for 7 rights issue to raise approximately £3.3 billion
Nick is a co-author of the United Kingdom chapter of the Banking Regulation Review.
List of all our partners