Murray advises on all aspects of corporate law, with a particular focus on public and private M&A and private equity transactions. He is also a member of City of London Law Society Company Law Committee, which engages in policy advocacy and provides expert advice on company and securities laws to regulators and government.
Recently, he has advised:
- Vodafone on the merger of Indus Towers and Bharti Infratel, to form the largest cellular tower infraco in the world outside China. Murray also advised Vodafone on the sale of its interests in Verizon Wireless for $130 billion and on its simultaneous $84 billion return of value;
- Draper Gain Investments on its $187 million acquisition of International Trimmings and Labels;
- Tonstate on the £500 million sale of the London Metropole and Birmingham Metropole Hotels;
- Hunter Douglas on its £300 million acquisition of Hillarys Blinds;
- Market Tech on the £892 million public offer by its majority shareholder, Labtech International;
- Midlothian Capital Partners on its £103 million acquisition of Park Leisure and £217 million acquisition of Dobbies Garden Centres;
- Dätwyler on its £792 million public offer for Premier Farnell;
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the sale of London City Airport;
- Mediclinic International, a South African company listed on the JSE, on its £4.5 billion combination with Al Noor Hospitals Group;
- Catlin on the £2.8 billion public offer by XL Group; and
- Spirit Pub Company on the £773 million offer by Greene King.
List of all our partners