Mike’s practice covers all direct taxes, stamp duties, VAT and, in particular, corporation tax. He has extensive experience in advising on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, group reorganisations and structured finance.
Highlights include advising:
- Direct Line Insurance Group on its IPO and sale of its Italian and German operations
- Drax Group on a variety of financings and the acquisition of Opus Energy Group
- Reckitt Benckiser on the demerger of the RB Pharmaceuticals business
- Premier Foods on its £1,128 million capital refinancing plan and stand-alone joint ventures
- GE on the sale of its Equipment Finance and Receivable Finance businesses in Germany and France representing ENI of approximately US$7.5 billion
- Deutsche Bank AG on the sale of a portfolio of UK residential mortgage loans
Mike is a regular contributor to the Tax Journal and Finance Act Handbook and speaks at various conferences on tax issues.
Mike is named as a leading individual in the Tax section of Chambers UK 2020 and is recommended for both Corporate Tax and Tax Litigation and Investigations in The Legal 500, 2020. He is also listed in the latest edition of ITR’s Tax Controversy Leaders Guide, Who's Who Legal and the Tax Directors Handbook. Mike has previously been named as one of Financial News’s 40 under 40 Rising Stars.
List of all our partners