Joined firm: 1992
Partner since: 2001
- One Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YY
Michael is involved in a range of areas in our Competition practice including merger control cases, as well as contentious matters such as cartel investigations. He is Head of our Competition Litigation practice.
Highlights include advising:
- Unilever, Ingram Micro, BHP Billiton and Thermo Fisher, amongst others, in EU Merger Regulation reviews
- Travis Perkins, Regus, Greencore, Ecolab and Unilever, amongst others, in relation to UK merger cases
- Unilever on contentious issues arising in the impulse ice cream and consumer detergents markets
- a global financial institution on investigations related to interbank offered rates
Michael is listed as a leading individual for EU and competition law in The Legal 500, 2013 and is ranked as a leading individual for both contentious and non-contentious Competition/European law by Chambers, 2014.
He has a good command of French and continues to improve his Spanish.
List of all our partners