Joined firm: 1996
Partner since: 2005
- One Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YY
Matthew advises on a wide range of banking and financing work, including acquisition and bid financing, capital markets and securitisation transactions.
Highlights include advising:
- ISS, one of the world's leading facilities services companies, on the successful extension of certain tranches of its DKK 25.5 billion Senior Facilities Agreement and subsequent amendments to those facilities
- Henderson Group plc on the issue of £150 million 7.25% guaranteed notes by its subsidiary, Henderson UK Finance plc and on an invitation to noteholders of existing notes to exchange or tender them for repurchase by Henderson UK Finance plc for cash
- Clariant AG on the issue by its subsidiary, Clariant Finance (Luxembourg) S.A., of EUR 500 million 5.625% guaranteed notes due 2017
- HM Treasury on a range of assignments arising from the credit crunch, including Bradford & Bingley; the Icelandic banks; the 2008 Credit Guarantee Scheme; and the Asset Protection Scheme
- Prudential plc in relation to the financing arrangements in connection with its proposed acquisition of American International Group
- AngloGold Ashanti, the South African gold miner, on a new US$1 billion, five-year unsecured revolving credit facility
Matthew is listed as a leading individual in the 'Banking & Finance' section of Chambers UK, 2014 and is mentioned for 'Bank lending' and 'Capital markets - debt' sections of IFLR 1000, 2013.
List of all our partners