Joined firm: 1996
Partner since: 2005
Download contact details
- One Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YY
Matthew advises on a wide range of banking and financing work, including acquisition and bid financing, capital markets and securitisation transactions.
Highlights include advising:
- HM Treasury in connection with its review of the case for transferring certain poorly performing and high risk assets of the Royal Bank of Scotland group (RBS) to a 'bad bank'
- Manchester Airport Group (M.A.G) on the financing of its successful bid to acquire Stansted Airport for £1.5 billion
- ISS, one of the world's leading facilities services companies, on the successful extension of certain tranches of its DKK 25.5 billion Senior Facilities Agreement and subsequent amendments to those facilities
- HM Treasury on a range of assignments arising from the credit crunch, including Bradford & Bingley; the Icelandic banks; the 2008 Credit Guarantee Scheme; and the Asset Protection Scheme
- Unilever on the issue by Unilever N.V. of EUR750 million 1.75% notes due 2020 under Unilever's US$15 billion Debt Issuance Programme
- Prudential plc in relation to the financing arrangements in connection with its proposed acquisition of American International Group
- AngloGold Ashanti, the South African gold miner, on a new US$1 billion, five-year unsecured revolving credit facility
Matthew is listed as a leading individual in the Banking & Finance section of Chambers UK, 2014, as a leading lawyer in the Bank Lending and Capital Markets - Debt sections of IFLR 1000, 2013 and is listed in the Acquisition finance and Debt capital markets sections of The Legal 500, 2013.
List of all our partners