Lisa has extensive experience across a wide range of competition, regulatory and EU work, including merger control, antitrust, market investigations, competition litigation, state aid, public procurement, sector regulation and the free movement rules. She works in both our London and Brussels offices.
Highlights include advising:
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. on the EU and global merger control and foreign investment aspects of its recommended cash acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc
- Innogy on the UK merger control aspects of the combination of its subsidiary Npower with the domestic supply business of SSE plc
- Google in relation to the European Commission's ongoing antitrust investigation into allegations that certain of its business practices in the search and advertising sectors violate European competition rules
- Michael Kors on the EU and global merger control aspects of its acquisitions of Jimmy Choo and Versace
- Actelion on the EU and global merger control aspects of its acquisition by Johnson & Johnson
- Wood Group on the UK and global merger control and foreign investment aspects of its acquisition of Amec Foster Wheeler
- Nationwide on the CMA’s retail banking market investigation
- The Portuguese Ministry of Finance on the state aid aspects of several bank recapitalisations
- The UK Government on several major projects including the electricity market reforms, the state aid process for two renewable electricity generation projects and on the formation of a joint venture with the Green Investment Bank for the investment of the UK's International Climate Fund
- Lafarge Tarmac (now Tarmac) on its appeal to the CAT against the CMA's market investigation into aggregates, cement and ready mix concrete
- Various clients on public procurement
Lisa featured in the 2019 edition of W@Competition’s list of 40 in their 40s Notable Women Competition Professionals and was previously included in the 2016 edition of Global Competition Review’s top ’40 under 40’ leading competition lawyers in the world. She has also been noted to be ‘a superstar in the making’ with 'superb technical knowledge' by the Legal 500 UK.
Lisa is the author of the UK chapter of Getting the Deal Through's 'Cartel Regulation' publication.
List of all our partners