Jing Chen is a corporate partner in our Hong Kong office and is an experienced M&A and capital markets lawyer who has worked on a wide range of transactions in private and public M&A and equity and debt capital markets.
Jing’s experience includes advising:
- China Reinsurance (Group) Corporation (China Re) on the US$2 billion global offering and the listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of its H shares. China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited, UBS Securities Hong Kong Limited and HSBC Corporate Finance (Hong Kong) Limited were the joint sponsors. Dealing in the shares of China Re on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange commenced on 26 October 2015 and it is one of the largest IPOs in Hong Kong in 2015. This transaction won Equity Deal of the Year at the IFLR Asia Awards 2016. It was also shortlisted for the Corporate and Commercial (International) Award an FT Asia Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2016 Awards and was ranked in the 'Commended' category in the FT Asia Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2016 Report
- MBK Partners on the sale, through an auction process, of its majority interest in GSEI Investment Corporation (GSEI), a premier operator of waste-to-energy and water/waste treatment projects, to Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited (BEHL). MBK Partners, together with Hudson Clean Energy Partners, sold a total of 92.7% equity interests in GSEI to BEHL. This was a landmark deal in the environmental protection services industry and the largest M&A transaction in China in this sector
- The 17 underwriters (including Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, CICC and HSBC) on the US$4 billion global offering and listing of H shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of the People’s Insurance Company (Group) of China Limited (PICC). The IPO was the largest IPO in Hong Kong in two years and the fourth largest IPO globally in 2012. It set a global record for the number of underwriters. This deal won ‘Deal of the Year’ at the Asian-mena Counsel 2012 Awards and ‘Equity Deal of the Year’ at the IFLR Asia 2013 Awards
- Swire Pacific and Swire Properties on the spin-off and separate listing by way of introduction on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of Swire Properties and on the earlier proposed US$2.7 billion spin-off and separate listing of Swire Properties
- Swire Pacific Limited on the restructuring of its and Cathay Pacific’s interests in HAECO, including in relation to the referral by the Securities and Futures Commission of a difficult issue to the Takeovers Panel, the subsequent purchase by Swire Pacific of further shares in HAECO from Cathay Pacific and the subsequent mandatory unconditional cash offer for the remaining shares in HAECO
- Swire Properties Limited on the establishment of a US$3 billion Medium Term Note Programme. Swire Properties MTN Financing Limited is the Issuer under the programme and the Notes are unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by Swire Properties Limited
Jing joined Slaughter and May in 2006 and in 2017 was seconded to the Listing Division of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd (HKEX), and subsequently took on a permanent role in Listing and Regulatory Affairs. During his three years at the HKEX, Jing was involved in a number of wide ranging initiatives, including the introduction of the new listing regimes for pre-revenue biotech companies and companies with weighted voting rights. Jing re-joined the firm in 2019 and draws on his regulatory and market knowledge for the direct benefit of our clients.
List of all our partners