Jason is involved in a wide range of corporate, commercial and financing work, advising companies, financial institutions and fund management groups. He regularly advises in relation to complex matters involving the Hong Kong regulatory authorities and governmental bodies. Jason has also worked in the London Office of Slaughter and May.
His recent projects include advising:
- Mercer on its agreement to acquire SCM Strategic Capital Management AG
- MTR Corporation Limited, Hong Kong’s mass transit railway operator in relation to:
- its privatisation, being Hong Kong’s first and, to date, only privatisation of its kind
- the construction and operation of the Tung Chung Cable Car on Lantau Island
- the construction of the rail link to the new Hong Kong Disneyland
- the merger with the Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation (KCRC)
- the acquisition of part of the business of Rail Sourcing Solutions Limited, a supplier of components for the transport industry
- the issue and updating of MTR’s US$2 billion Debt Issuance Programme
- JP Morgan JF Asset Management Group on the launch of various retail funds
- Oxford Asset Management Group on the launch of the OxAM Quant Fund
- several international hedge fund groups, on the establishment of operations in Hong Kong
Jason is listed as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-based (International firms), China in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 and in the IFLR 1000 Asia Pacific 2018 for Private Equity.
Jason recently co-authored: the Hong Kong chapter of the 11th edition of The Mergers and Acquisitions Review 2017 published by Law Business Research Ltd.
List of all our partners