Guy has a wide ranging financing practice which covers banking, capital markets, securitisation and structured finance in which he advises issuers, borrowers, lenders and counterparties of all types. He also advises governments and financial institutions, funds and lending platforms on various assignments emanating from the financial crisis, including restructurings and asset sales.
Guy regularly acts for a number of UK and international companies, including Arrow Global Group, Drax Group, Barclays, Euroclear, Banco Santander, Santander UK, Prudential, United Utilities, Punch Taverns, William Hill, UK Asset Resolution, RSA and Direct Line.
- UK Asset Resolution on its £15bn sale of Northern Rock to Cerberus and redemption of its Granite securitisations
- UK Asset Resolution on its £13bn sale of assets from Bradford & Bingley and associated stapled financing
- Honeycomb Investment Trust on its IPO and establishment of its non-bank lending platform
- Drax on its various refinancings from 2012 to date
- Arrow Global on its high yield bond
- Santander UK on its securitisation programmes
- Prudential, RSA, Direct Line, Aldermore Bank and Pensions Insurance Corporation on various regulatory capital issuances
Guy is recognised for his work in the Securitisation section of The Legal 500, 2016 and as a leading lawyer in Capital markets – structured finance and securitisation section of IFLR 1000, 2017 and Chambers 2017. Guy has been shortlisted for the ‘Innovative Individual’ award in the 2013 FT Innovative Lawyers Report.
List of all our partners