Filippo advises clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, with a particular focus on public and private M&A, joint ventures, international capital markets and private equity work.
Highlights include advising:
- Aston Martin Lagonda on its initial public offering
- Tata Steel Group on its definitive agreements to enter into a 50/50 Joint Venture with thyssenkrupp AG
- Blackstone on its investment in Prima Assicurazioni
- Corsair Capital on the acquisition of the majority of RGI
- Dätwyler Holding AG on its offer for Premier Farnell
- William Hill on the unsolicited takeover approach by Rank and 888
- Platform Specialty Products on its offer for Alent
- Vodafone on the sale of its interest in Verizon Wireless for $130 billion, and its simultaneous $84 billion return of value
- Premier Foods on its rights issue and placing and on its disposal of a 51% stake in its bread business (Hovis) to The Gores Group
- ITV on its acquisition of UTV Limited
- Virgin Group on the sale of part of its stake in Virgin Active, in a transaction that puts an enterprise value on the business of c. £1.3 billion
- JPMorgan on its settlement with the FCA (and US authorities) in connection with their investigation into the Bank’s FX business
In 2015, Filippo was awarded a place on the Financial News 40 under 40 Rising Stars list, which identifies leading lawyers in the City of London under the age of 40.
List of all our partners