Ewan has a broad-based contentious practice. He has a particular focus on financial institutions, acting in both litigation and regulatory investigations. Ewan also has experience advising in relation to corporate crime, competition claims, shareholder disputes, outsourcing and tax appeals.
Ewan is ranked as a leading individual for Banking Litigation and Litigation in Chambers UK, 2016. He is also recognised as a leading individual for Banking Litigation and Financial Services (Contentious) in The Legal 500, 2015. Ewan is one of the firm’s two Diversity and Inclusion Partners and has responsibility for promoting diversity and inclusion in all areas of the firm.
"superb - absolutely meticulous with his attention to detail and analysis."
Banking litigation, Chambers UK, 2015
Highlights include advising:
- Deutsche Bank on investigations by Government agencies in the US, UK and Germany into LIBOR misconduct, and on the subsequent coordinated settlements in the US and UK
- A leading investment bank on cross-border investigations conducted by the FCA, DOJ, and other regulators worldwide in relation to alleged misconduct in the G10 spot FX market, and on the subsequent settlements
- Olympus in relation to investigations in several jurisdictions into transactions allegedly part of a ‘tobashi’ scheme used to hide investment losses over a number of years. This involved cooperating with an investigation undertaken by the SFO, as well as representing Olympus in claims brought against it by its former CEO
- Fortress in High Court injunctive proceedings against an overseas fund management firm, and on related claims
- Shareholders in Charterhouse Capital Limited in their successful defence of an unfair prejudice petition
List of all our partners