Joined firm: 1987
Partner since: 2000
- One Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YY
David has a broad real estate practice incorporating property development, the acquisition and disposal of investment property portfolios, the negotiation of leases for both landlords and tenants, sale and leaseback transactions and structured financing. He has a wide range of experience in the area of flotations and public offerings and has been involved in the property aspects of a number of high profile corporate mergers and acquisitions.
His recent work includes advising:
- Terra Firma on the acquisition of Four Seasons Healthcare, comprising more than 500 care homes, for £825 million and related financing
- Barceló Corporacíon Empresarial SA on the transfer of its UK hotel business, comprising 20 hotels, to its landlord Puma Hotels PLC
- Spirit Group PLC on the restructuring of its sale and leaseback arrangements with Prestbury Wentworth relating to a portfolio of 152 outlets
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the real estate aspects of its agreement with BAA Airports Limited to acquire London Gatwick Airport for £1.455 billion and related £1.125 billion debt financing and on its agreement to acquire Edinburgh Airport for £807 million
- the Government Property Unit on the implementation of its proposals to increase efficiency within the Central Civil Estate
David is the editor of 'The Real Estate Law Review', a guide to real estate law and practice in 36 of the most significant jurisdictions worldwide.
List of all our partners