Joined firm: 1977
Partner since: 1986
Download contact details
- One Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YY
Chris is our Senior Partner. He specialises in general corporate work (including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial contracts), private equity and securities transactions.
Throughout his career at Slaughter and May he has been involved in varying kinds of corporate transactions.
Highlights include advising:
- Akzo Nobel in relation to the acquisition of ICI
- Banco Santander in relation to ABN Amro
- CEMEX on its acquisition of RMC
- First Reserve Corporation in relation to their acquisitions of Abbot Group and CHC
- GE on its acquisitions of Benchmark Group, Haslemere, Radstone and UK Balanced Property Trust Limited
- Goldman Sachs Capital Partners in relation to various matters such as Debenhams, ISS, Ahlsell and ITV
He frequently advises on securities offerings. Past transactions include the flotation and rights issue of eircom and the placing of shares in ISIS following its merger with F&C.
Chris is listed as one of the Senior Statesmen in both the Capital Markets: Equity and Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability sections of Chambers UK, 2014. He is also mentioned for Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability in Chambers Europe, 2013 and for Capital Markets: Equity and Corporate /M&A: High-end Capability in Chambers Global, 2013.
List of all our partners