Andy is Head of our Corporate practice. He is active in all fields of corporate and commercial law, with a particular emphasis on corporate acquisitions and disposals, public takeovers and mergers, stock exchange matters, private equity deals and equity capital markets transactions. Andy was named Client Partner of the Year at The Lawyer Awards 2015 and was one of five lawyers shortlisted by Financial News for its Partner of the Year Award 2016.
His clients include:
- FTSE 100 companies such as GVC, DS Smith, Marks & Spencer and RSA
- other listed companies such as BBA Aviation, GVC, Halfords, Intermediate Capital Group, International Personal Finance, Non-Standard Finance, IWG (formerly Regus) and Vitec
- multinationals such as GE, Moody's, RenaissanceRe and Texas Instruments
Highlights include advising:
- RPC Group Plc in connection with a recommended £3.3bn cash offer for RPC’s share capital by funds managed by Apollo and then on the successful competing offer by Berry Global
- Non-Standard Finance (NSF) on its hostile takeover offeror Provident Financial
- DS Smith on its acquisition by public takeover of Europac and related rights issue
- BBA Aviation on its acquisition of Landmark Aviation and related rights issue and debt financing
- RSA on the proposed bid for it by Zurich Insurance
- Ladbrokes on its £2.3bn merger with Gala Coral
- Non-Standard Finance on its initial public offering and subsequently on its reverse takeovers of Loansathome4u and Everyday Loans and readmission to listing on the London Stock Exchange
- RSA on its fully underwritten rights issue to raise £773 million
- Cembra Money Bank AG (formerly GE Money Bank AG), a leading Swiss bank, and GE Capital Swiss Funding AG on the initial public offering of the majority of Cembra's shares
- MONETA Money Bank, a.s. (formerly GE Money Bank, a.s.), a leading retail and SME bank in the Czech Republic, and GE Capital International Holdings Limited on the initial public offering (IPO) of the majority of Moneta's shares and then the subsequent sell-downs
- IWG (formerly Regus) on the various takeover proposals made to it during 2018
- Charter International plc on a hostile offer by Melrose plc and a subsequent recommended offer by Colfax Inc
- Direct Line Insurance Group plc on its initial public offering of ordinary shares and separation from RBS Group
- Direct Line on the sale of its international division to Mapfre
- Wonga on the various matters leading to it being placed into administration
Andy is named as a leading individual for 'Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability' in both Chambers UK, 2017 and Chambers Europe, 2016; and for Corporate/M&A in Chambers Global, 2016.
He is the author of a chapter on share dealings in the 'Practitioner’s Guide on Takeovers and Mergers'. Andy is also the author of a chapter on UK Corporate Governance in 'The Corporate Governance Review'.
List of all our partners