Andrew undertakes a broad range of corporate and corporate finance work. His practice consists principally of acting for clients on domestic and international corporate finance and M&A transactions, including:
- acquisitions and disposals
- mergers and public takeovers
- equity financings
- joint ventures
Andrew is Head of our Risk Team and is an expert on company law and corporate governance matters. He is a member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society.
Andrew is also Head of our Sport practice, counting football, in particular, as a specialist area.
Highlights include advising:
- Santander UK on all aspects of its approach to Banking Reform in the UK and the creation of its Ring-Fenced Bank (including Santander UK's Ring-Fencing Transfer Scheme)
- Arsenal on the public takeover offer by KSE, UK, Inc. for the shares of Arsenal Holding plc not already owned by KSE
- FirstGroup on the takeover approach made to the company by funds controlled by Apollo.
- Cable & Wireless Communications Plc on various transactions, including:
- its recommended takeover by Liberty Global plc, which was effected by way of scheme of arrangement
- its acquisition of Columbus International, Inc for consideration of US$1.85 billion plus the assumption of Columbus’ net debt of US$1.17 billion
- Macquarie on its acquisition of ValueInvest Asset Management
- CPPGroup plc on changes to its board of directors and its acquisition of Blink Innovation Limited
- FirstGroup plc on a fully underwritten rights issue to raise approximately £615 million
List of all our partners