Our highly experienced Tax group comprises eight partners and around 20 other specialist lawyers who deal with the tax aspects of all corporate, commercial and financial transactions.
Alongside a wide range of tax-related services, we advise on the:
- structuring of the biggest and most complicated mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions
- development of innovative and tax efficient structures for the full range of financing transactions working with lawyers from our Financing group
- documentation to implement transactions, to ensure that it meets tax objectives
- tax aspects of private equity transactions and investment funds from initial investment to exit
- tax investigations and disputes from initial queries to litigation or settlement
We also provide a general tax and stand-alone tax consultancy service and offer constructive and innovative tax solutions to all problems.
Much of our work has an international dimension and we work closely with members of the Best Friends Tax Network (PDF) and other leading local tax advisers to enable our clients to meet their objectives in the most positive and tax efficient way.
The Best Friends Tax Network won 'European Tax Disputes Firm of the Year' at the European Tax Awards 2016, where Slaughter and May was also awarded 'UK Tax Firm of the Year'.
We also won:
- 'Banking deal of the year' for our work advising GE on the sale of Equipment Finance and Receivable Finance businesses
- 'Consumer Products deal of the year' for our work advising Coca-Cola Enterprises on its agreement to combine with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and CCEAG
- 'Media and Entertainment deal of the year' for our work advising Chime Communications plc on its acquisition by Bell Bidder Limited
"It is a very high-quality outfit. What you get there is a real strength and depth - for important advice I would go there." "They have a good ability to partner with local firms for a European offering." Chambers Global, 2016View all Tax media comments