Our Real Estate practice ranges from specific property and related transactions to the property issues that arise in commercial transactions. We have advised on many of the largest and most innovative UK commercial property transactions.
Our work includes:
- the acquisition and disposal of all types of interest in real estate from transactions involving property portfolios to discrete sales and purchases
- every aspect of development including planning, environment, construction and taxation issues
- the whole range of landlord and tenant matters from the creation and disposal of leasehold interests to ongoing management issues (acting for landlords, tenants and lenders)
- real estate finance, advising owners, lenders, borrowers, equity investors, lead managers and others on all aspects of financing, secured lending and securitisation
- construction contracts, ranging from major infrastructure provision and power and energy projects to inner city development and regeneration
We have considerable knowledge of all market sectors.
It offers specialist services in all areas of real estate and can confidently rely upon the firm's other departments to support the wide range of transactions in which it gets involved. Clients particularly appreciate the availability of partners and their business sense Chambers UK, 2012View all Real Estate media comments
Our key experience includes advising:
Legal & General in connection with various investments and developments, including the £550 million acquisition of the Hyperion portfolio.
Qatar National Bank on the £1.15 billion financing of The Shard of Glass and London Bridge Place.
5 Churchill Place L.P. on the £208 million purchase of 5 Churchill Place at Canary Wharf and the associated £135 million financing.
Global Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of London Gatwick Airport for approximately £1.5 billion and on the £1.125 billion debt financing for the acquisition. We also advised Gatwick Airport on its single-airport securitisation.
Marks and Spencer, the John Lewis Partnership, Whitbread, ITV and Taylor Wimpey on innovative property-backed pension funding arrangements.
Lend Lease in connection with the development of Stratford City Olympic Village for the 2012 Olympics and the subsequent retrofit of the apartment blocks.
Cabinet Office on the disposal of Admiralty Arch for development as a luxury hotel.
London Resort Company Holdings in connection with the proposed London Paramount Entertainment Resort development.
Ocado on its new customer fulfilment centre at Erith in South East London.
Public Sector Pension Investment Board in connection with a number of real estate investments.
Clothworkers’ Company on the redevelopment of 120 Fenchurch Street.
PricewaterhouseCoopers on the pre-let of its office building at 7 More London and on the refurbishment of 1 Embankment Place.
Arsenal on its move to the Emirates Stadium, including the redevelopment of Highbury and two mixed use sites at Queensland Road.
Punch Taverns on a number of major pubs, hotels and restaurant transactions.
Derwent London, on a number of acquisitions, disposals, lettings and financings, including the purchase of Central Cross, Tottenham Court Road for £146 million, a joint venture with Grosvenor for the redevelopment of 1-5 Grosvenor Place and the significant office and theatre development above the Crossrail station at Tottenham Court Road.
Our clients include:
- Bourne Leisure
- Cabinet office
- Clothworkers' Company
- Derwent London
- Fishmongers' Company
- Legal & General
- Lend Lease
- London Resort Company Holdings
- Marks and Spencer
- NTT Urban Development Corporation
- Pembroke Real Estate
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board
- Punch Taverns