“A top-quality firm with deep knowledge and understanding of pensions law and the industry sector in which we operate”
Chambers UK, 2016
We advise on a wide range of pension matters, acting both for corporate sponsors (UK and non-UK) and for trustees.
Our work includes:
- establishing and operating all kinds of registered and non-registered UK pension schemes
- pension benefit change exercises
- pension fund deficits including funding valuation negotiations
- derisking solutions including the buy-in and buy-out of pension benefits with insurance companies, and the insurance of pension liabilities using collateralised asset swaps and longevity insurance contracts
- investment issues including implementation of liability driven investment strategies and funding via asset backed partnerships
- restructuring, merging and winding up of pension schemes
- pension aspects of acquisitions and disposals, flotations, privatisations, reconstructions and demergers including applications for clearance from the Pensions Regulator
- assisting employers in compliance with auto-enrolment duties under the Pensions Act 2008
- disputes involving pension schemes. We work in multi-disciplinary teams with lawyers from our Dispute Resolution group to form a Pensions Dispute Resolution practice
We also work closely with leading local counsel on cross-border pension issues and on the establishment of overseas pension schemes.