“They are accessible and always get back to me in a reasonable period of time. Also very pragmatic and make sure we act practically and appropriately.”
Chambers UK, 2015
Employment is a constantly changing and increasingly regulated area. We provide our clients with practical responses to the raft of new legislation, case law and regulatory changes.
We advise on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- drafting and negotiating employment documentation, especially for key senior personnel
- the latest corporate governance and executive remuneration requirements, particularly phased payments and avoiding rewards for failure
- the impact of EU legislation, including on working time and 'family-friendly' policies
- managing information and consultation requirements, often on a cross-jurisdictional basis
- redundancies and restructurings
- employment disputes and dismissals
- complex issues involving discrimination, whistle-blowing, and restrictive covenants
- employment aspects of all commercial transactions including acquisitions, disposals and service provision changes, flotations, takeovers and insolvent restructurings
We regularly prepare cases for the Employment Tribunal and High Court and have taken cases to the Court of Appeal. We also have considerable experience in negotiating settlements.