Our information technology lawyers have a wealth of experience in the technology sector gained from advising companies active across a broad range of mainstream systems, database and telecoms technologies, as well as in developing areas of technology.
We understand the particular challenges facing those involved in the technology sector and advise on a full range of technology related matters, including:
- commercial IT arrangements, including software licensing, hosting and support services, systems development and integration and applications development. These transactions often form part of a wider strategic transformation project and/or involve numerous suppliers and jurisdictions
- technology outsourcing, including infrastructure, desktop, application and application support as well as more general business transformation outsourcing with technology elements
- corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity transactions which require specialist IT input or have significant risk or value drivers associated with technology
- the development and implementation of global licensing strategies ranging from simple licences relating to standard 'off the shelf' packages to complex deals involving significant consultancy, design and development of bespoke technology
- technology disputes, both before any formal dispute has arisen and after proceedings have been issued
We work closely with our clients to develop a negotiation and litigation strategy and have strong experience of mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution, as well as arbitration and court proceedings in a large number of jurisdictions.