We handle a wide range of environmental law issues from compliance, management and liability to the environmental aspects of corporate and financing transactions.
Our work includes advising on:
- the identification and management of contaminated land, particularly under the contaminated land power which came into force in 2000 - whether or not to carry out intrusive investigations and what to do with the results of any such investigation
- claims in relation to contaminated land - by the Environment Agency that remediation is required, or private claims between adjoining landowners or landlord and tenant
- environmental insurance - obtaining, negotiating and advising on insurance policies
- compliance and permitting - applications for Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control permits
- directors' liability for environmental and health and safety matters
- environmental management procedures - establishing internal monitoring and reporting structures
- auditing and privilege - selecting, instructing and defining the terms of reference for environmental consultants
- planning, noise abatement and emissions trading
Samantha Brady is Senior Counsel in our environment practice.
Slaughter and May maintains an excellent reputation for transactional work, acting on behalf of a range of national and international clients Chambers UK, 2012View all Environment media comments