We have an outstanding international reputation. Our Dispute Resolution group acts for a broad spectrum of clients, particularly those in the corporate and financial sectors. Our clients include sovereign governments, multinationals, financial institutions and international organisations.
- a wide range of civil disputes and proceedings
- domestic and international arbitrations
- investigations by the Financial Conduct Authority
- the full range of statutory and regulatory inquiries and disciplinary proceedings
- criminal proceedings arising in a corporate context
- a variety of administrative law matters often involving proceedings for judicial review
- the implementation of innovative litigation strategies relating to the mergers and acquisitions and transactional work of the firm
Recent awards include:
- 'Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year UK' (Finance Monthly Global Awards, 2013 )
- 'Disputes Deal of the Year' (India Business Law Journal, 2012 )
- 'UK Dispute Resolution Team of the Year' (Acquisition International Awards, 2011 )
- 'Dispute Resolution Team of the Year' (Legal Business Awards, 2010 )
- co-winner of 'Legal Innovation in Dispute Resolution' (FT Innovative Lawyer Awards, 2010 )
Our dispute resolution lawyers regularly work in multidisciplinary teams with our tax, competition, intellectual property, information technology and infrastructure, energy and natural resources lawyers.
We have recently built a team of cross-disciplinary specialists comprising lawyers from our Competition and Dispute Resolution groups to spearhead the anticipated increase in private actions based on competition law. Competition litigation is complex and requires first-class litigation and dispute resolution skills as well as leading-edge competition law and economics expertise which we are able to provide.
Disputes covering the full spectrum of intellectual property rights are dealt with by our specialist intellectual property lawyers.