“Slaughter and May 'compares very favourably to other more recognised investment funds firms', with its partners providing 'robust, commercial advice', and is excellent for closed-ended listed funds”
The Legal 500, 2011
View all Asset Management media comments
We advise on the establishment, promotion, administration and reorganisation of investment funds of all types and the establishing, restructuring and sale of fund management businesses.
Our work includes:
- the acquisition and sale of asset management businesses
- establishing fund management businesses
- asset management and outsourcing arrangements, including multi-manager arrangements and back- and middle- office outsourcing
- legal and regulatory aspects of alternative investment management
- investment management and advisory appointments
- intellectual property and information technology
- performance fees and employee and manager remuneration
- valuation, custody and settlement
- authorisation, licensing and regulation for funds and fund managers
Partner Paul Dickson is the editor of The Asset Management Review, which covers regulatory and market developments in asset management in 33 jurisdictions. Paul also contributed to the chapter on the United Kingdom.
Hong Kong based partners, Jason Webber and Peter Lake, as well as Hong Kong based associate Ben Heron, contributed to the Hong Kong chapter. Associate Michael Sholem contributed to the European Union chapter.