We provide an extensive range of legal advice to companies and have an unparalleled perspective of the sector. Our clients range from investors, start-up companies and large and medium-sized organisations, to universities and research institutions and emerging biotechnology ventures.
Our team includes corporate, competition and regulatory, dispute resolution, environmental and intellectual property lawyers and lawyers with medical or scientific backgrounds.
We advise on:
- commercial agreements including licensing, collaboration and research and development
- strategies for managing and commercialising patent and trade mark portfolios
- disputes in the High Court, Court of Appeal, European Patent Office and other registries
- cross-border litigation and international strategies
- mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and flotations
- specialist areas such as tax and environment and have experience in dealing with competition issues arising out of transactions from licences to mergers
We are actively involved in legal issues. Members of our team sit on the Intellectual Property Advisory Committee of the BioIndustry Association (BIA), the industry association for biotechnology companies and the editorial board of the Bio-Science Law Review.