Even before starting your training contract you will have plenty of
opportunities to meet other trainees, both future and present.
After accepting our offer, you will receive a regular flow of invitations to both social events and legal presentations (complementing your learning on the Graduate Diploma in Law or Legal Practice Course).
Our Trainee Solicitors’ Committee is a group of trainees elected by their peers to organise activities and parties at various venues in London throughout the year. They also arrange welcome drinks for new trainees. Once in the firm, there will be many social occasions to attend – both within your group and with the rest of the firm, including our annual dinner dance.
In addition, we have:
- a wide variety of clubs and activities including football, rugby, cricket, netball, visual arts and a book club
- a range of language courses available to those with A-level standard and above
- regular lunchtime cultural talks focusing on an extensive range of subjects including art, music, history, politics and science
We also have close links with the arts, enabling you to take advantage of numerous corporate membership benefits at London theatres and galleries, such as free or discounted tickets.
You may have to work long hours from time to time. To make life a little easier, we have an excellent restaurant and coffee bar on-site, and a concierge service. We also have a prayer and contemplation room and support and networking groups, including:
- LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender)
- Women's Network
- the Christian group
- JNet (the Jewish Network)
- the Muslim Network
- the BME Newtork (black and minority ethnic)
For cyclists, private lockers and shower rooms are available. On the same street as our London office is a Virgin Active Health Club – membership of which is heavily subsidised by the firm – with a pool, extensive gym equipment and a variety of classes.