Should you have any questions that are not answered here, please feel free to contact our Trainee Recruitment Team.
- Do I need to complete a work experience placement or vacation scheme before applying for a training contract?
It is not necessary to complete a vacation scheme/work
experience placement with us, or indeed with any other firm, to
secure a training contract here.
- I have already provided all of my percentage results in the online form, do I need to include them in my CV as well?
That is entirely up to you.
- What information should I include in my covering letter?
A lengthy covering letter is not necessary. It should include key information about the position you are applying for and any other relevant details, eg an explanation of any gaps in your CV or extenuating circumstances relating to examination results.
- If I am already studying the GDL or LPC at another institution (ie not BPP Law School), am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, all applications are welcome.
- Can I request feedback if I was not invited for an interview?
Unfortunately, as we receive such a high number of applications, it is only possible to provide feedback to those who have had an interview with us.
- Can I apply to you if I have already accepted a training contract with another firm but have not yet started with the other firm?
No, we will not interview anyone who has accepted a training contract with another firm. We are signatories to the SRA’s 'Voluntary code to good practice in the recruitment of trainee solicitors', which states that, "Once a student has accepted an offer, the student must inform all other employers who have made an offer or invited them to attend for interview and make no further applications for a training contract".
- If I am unsuccessful after my interview, can I re-apply?
Candidates who have been interviewed before and not been offered a training contract are unlikely to be successful in a subsequent application.
- If I have already started studying the GDL or LPC at the time of accepting my training contract offer, will I have to withdraw from the institution if it is not a named Slaughter and May provider?
If you are part-way through the course, you may continue your studies at that institution. However, if you have not yet begun your studies, we will ask you to move to BPP Law School.
- If I am part-way through either my GDL or LPC, will I be reimbursed for my fees?
If you have recently started the course then, provided that you are not receiving any other financial support, we will fully reimburse your fees.